Friday, November 7, 2008

Time to start posting some stories and photos.

We lived in Elmwood, an older, working class, neighbourhood in Winnipeg. I'm 18 months older than Jonathan, so for my entire memory, Jon has always been there. I don't have many clear memories of our early childhood. I guess that this is a pretty typical experience once you get to adulthood, our earlier memories start to fade.

This is the earliest photo that I have that shows us with a canoe. I have taken up a career of building canoes, and canoeing is an activity that Jonathan enjoyed as well. The funny thing is, that in all the time that we shared this interest, we only ever went on one canoe trip together, and that was before his children were born, and when my first was only 2 years old.

I wish that we could have gone on more trips.

No comments: