Monday, November 3, 2008

Adding contributing authors

I just spent a bit of time today to figure out how to add contributing authors to the blog. Now that I know how to do that, I have sent invitations to the immediate family members, and as time permits, I'll expand that to the extended family.

I'm not sure yet about expanding that administration privileges beyond family, the list could just go on and on. I'm thinking that friends can add their thoughts as comments, or forward a post to family and we can post it as a contribution.

So far, Jason has replied to the contributing author list and has been granted administration permission. He has a lot of the photos of Jonathan on file and I'm sure will begin to post some.

I’m thinking that we should encourage posts to be succinct, to the point and able to be read in a short period of time. This is to avoid poor writing that just rambles on. While encouraging open sharing, writing should keep in mind that this will accumulate into a document of record. There is a limit as to how much storage space is available, photos should be chosen for content, and sized appropriately.

I really hope that this works out to be a good project.

No comments: